Скачать 14.06 Kb.
|World History Chapter 18 Study Guide|
You need to know the following:
1. What was dividing of India into two nations was referred to?
2. After gaining their independence, India and Pakistan fought a war over what country?
3. Pakistan began as a divided nation. What was its east and west regions separated by?
4. After World War II, what was the greatest source of U.S.-Filippino conflict?
5. What organization was Burma's Aung San Suu Kyi apart of?
6. What was the movement that French-speaking Africans and West Indians formed to celebrate African culture, heritage, and values?
7. What was the Mau Mau?
8. Why did the 1956 Suez Crisis begin?
9. Who was the long-time dictator of the?
10. In 1978, who signed the Camp David Accords?
11. What two countries each had a civil war after independence?
12. What has caused much of the violence in Sri Lanka?
13. How were the governments of Ferdinand Marcos and Mobutu Sese Seko similar?
14. Who was the extremist Islamic group that seized control of Afghanistan during the 1990s?
15. What colony became an independent city-state with a standard of living far higher than any of its Southeast Asia neighbors?
16. What movement was influenced by communism?
17. Which former colony of France was torn apart in the 1990s by a deadly civil war between the government and Islamic militants?
18. What were the cause and effects of the intifada in the West Bank and Gaza Strip?
19. What was the result of the creation of an Israeli "buffer zone" consisting of Jerusalem, the Sinai Peninsula, the Golan Heights, and the West Bank?
20. Why did the UN fail in its plan to create a Palestinian State in the late 1940s?
21. What influenced the independence movements of colonial countries?
22. What group and in which country might have relocated after the partition of India?
23. What event was caused by religious conflict?
24. What hindered the development of the Philippines after it gained independence?
25. What contributed to Singapore's high standard of living?
26. During the late 1900s, how were the Philippines, Myanamar, and Algeria similar?
27. What nation is part of the Central Asian Republics?
28. How were the Mau Mau and the PLO similar?
29. How were the assassinations of Yitzhak Rabin and Anwar Sadat similar?
30. How did the Declaration of Principles affect Palestinians living in Gaza in 1993?
1. B. the partition.
2. A. Kashmir.
3. B. 1, 000 miles of Indian territory.
4. D. U.S. military bases in the Philippines.
5. D. She is active in the National League for Democracy.
6. A. Negritude.
7. A. a secret society that wanted to liberate Kenya from British rule.
8. D. Egypt seized control of the Suez Canal.
9. A. Mobutu Sese Seko.
10. B. Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin.
11. A. Pakistan and Angola
12. B. a militant minority trying to achieve independence
13. C. Both imposed strict authoritarian regimes.
14. A. Taliban.
15. D. Singapore
16. B. the Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola
17. D. Algeria
18. D. caused Israel to declare war on Palestine
19. B. the Six-Day War
20. A. The Palestinians objected to receiving only part of the Mandate of Palestine.
21. D. All of the above
22. C. a Muslim in India
23. A. the civil war in Sri Lanka
24. A. economic and political dependence on the United States
25. A. Singapore was one of the busiest ports in the world.
26. C. They all had rulers who refused to accept the results of an election.
27. B. Tajikistan
28. A. Both fought for the liberation of their respective peoples.
29. C. Each assassin came from the leader's own religion.
30. A. They were able to elect their own political representatives.